Monday, October 19, 2009

Lake Tahoe trip




Gorgeous isn't it?  I sometimes forget how lucky I am to have such beautiful locals in my backyard ~ Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, Napa . . . Lucky, lucky girl am I.
Lake Tahoe is one of my favorite places ~ up there with Hawaii.  Every year we go up with Family to the snow for the week between Christmas and New Year.  Growing up my family had a cabin Tahoe and I have so many fond childhood memories, mostly of the snow.

Back in August, one of Ev's clients offered us his cabin in Tahoe for a few days . . . get this ~ for NOTHING, just offered to let us use it.  Months later I'm still astounded.  Even more astounding is that this cabin is ON THE LAKE!!!  His own private beach & pier on Lake Tahoe, seriously!  We were so excited.  He called on a Friday and we went up early Saturday morning.  Ev's partner, Mike & his wife Monica also have a condo in Tahoe ~ not too far from the cabin.  So they came over and we spent a lot of Saturday, late into the night with them and their two children (Nico & Sienna).
Here's the view from the pier:


Monica & Sienna:


Nico, Alaina & Sienna looking for crawdads:



At first the kids weren't quite brave enough to get in the water with crawdads (there were a gazillion of them) but Alorah & Sienna finally worked up the nerve to head in with a net.





I was NOT brave enough to touch the little buggers, so Monica took on the job of releasing the crawdads after capture and thorough inspection.


My Doodlebug is getting so big!!!



Ev & Mike enjoying life.  Doesn't get any better than this . . . Wait, where are the brews, boys?



The backside of the cabin (reminded me of Hansel & Gretel's story)



We also took out the little rowboat and kayak's.  It was Alorah's first time in a kayak but we just gave her an oar and sent her off.  She did AWESOME of course!




After a day on the lake, we built a fire on the beach & roasted marshmallows:









I don't know what was going on with Nico in this photo, but man it's funny!






The next morning we went fishing off the dock with super bait (didn't catch anything, but it was fun!)











A view of the beach & pier from the house:






A view of the beach & yard from the pier.







1 comment:

Heather said...

Hey Tez! It was so nice of you to stop by my bloggity world. :) I had no idea you are homeschooling - I also homeschooled my older daughter last year. It was the most rewarding and most difficult thing I did to date. :) Thanks for your encouragement on my photo blog too. I have a bunch of photos I'm post processing, so be sure to stop by again soon -

It'd be really fun to hang out the next time I'm in the Bay Area....