Friday, February 27, 2009

What a blessing

I still don't have any pictures today but I did want to post a little thought. I was reminded during my prayer/study time today how blessed our life is. We had a fire that could have destroyed but was caught early and stayed small (a blessing), Even though the fire was small, we had to rebuild and now (almost) have a beautiful dream kitchen (a blessing). The process has been pleasant ~ our builder & project manager have been FABULOUS to work with. All of the contractors that have come into our home have been wonderful. (A blessing) Ev and I have gotten along really well through all the decisioning and we're still together :) This minor/major project has been a reminder in how good God is. I need to count my blessings more than focus on negative.

I have a peaceful, loving marriage.
I have safe, healthy children.
I have a home.
Ev has a job.
We make enough money.
I have people that love me immensely and without judgment.
I am blessed.

2 comments:

shufgirl said...

Hey Smell, I'm in total agreement with your comments especially after I heard about the sudden death of a colleague's 4 year old daughter. I came home and told Dennis and the girls how much I loved and appreciate them. They bring so many blessings to my life.

dreamw said...

Yes, we have so very many blessings and if we stayed focus on counting them continually we would have no room for negativity. Dad and I watched a movie tonight that portrayed the true life story of someone very famous and successful that lost their 20+ year old son to a tragic accident. Watching it, brought back the events and feelings of our loss. How deeply painful. Even still we have so many more blessings in our lives, and each one of you are one of them....