Wednesday, April 7, 2010

6 years ago today

6 years ago on Apr 7th my little brother took his life.  There hasn't been a single one of the following 2190 days that I haven't felt the pain and sometimes anger of losing him.  He was one of those with a magnetic personality, someone you just wanted to be around because he was fun, sweet and had a laugh that made you want to laugh too.  Alorah asked me yesterday why I was crying so much and I explained that it was the anniversary of Uncle Trev's death.  Her response was I thought his birthday made you sad.  I explained that while it does, at his birthday you remember what an amazing person he was and you can remember good times, at his anniversary all I can think of is the pain, the horror of that night and the loss.  That night is so vivid in my head and it overtakes it all.  I have dreams and flashes of it, and I feel sad every moment.

Every year I commemorate him on my blog.  And I posted this a few years back in the hope of remembering the positive times on this day.  I love you so Very, VERY Much, Trevor Micah, and I miss you even more.

No comments: