Tuesday, July 3, 2007

the gym and face painting

We spent the morning at the gym today. Man it feels good. my whole body aches but it feels good. I did 1/2 hour on the elliptical, 1/2 hour swimming laps and then a water aerobics class. I was the only one in the pool under 70 and it was like social hour in the pool.

I thought it would be an easy workout, but halfway through she busted out with these paddles. You openthem for an easy workout and close them (so no water flows through) for a tough workout. My thought was that even though I'm just starting back at the gym I can handle some wimpy ol' closed plastic paddles. Big mistake, BIG! I should've opened them up. The rest of the class was floating around in the deep end chatting away while I was the only one in the class following the instructor. She must've been excited to have someone following her because man she served it to me. Whew, it even hurts to type. But I'll go back tomorrow ~ cuz it's the feel good kind of hurt.

After I changed clothes I went to pick up the kids. THey were on cloud nine because on of the kidz klub teachers did face painting!!! Here are the pictures (forgive the quality cuz it was just a quick snapshot)


Alorah got a rainbow,


And a shooting star on the other cheek ~ total girly choices!



Lainie got the American flag on one cheek,


And a beautiful pink flower . . .


Zaiah got the sun on one cheek and an octopus on the other.


I saved this one for last because it's my favorite. I love how the blue octopus matches the blue hair (which he styled by himself this morning) and the expression on his face is like "yeah, what's up, I know I'm cool"

2 comments:

dreamw said...

What fabulous pictures. It is fun to see what you do each day! You are creating such memories for your children and for them to see.
The photography is captivating in some... keep it up!!! xoxoxox

dreamw said...

What fabulous pictures. It is fun to see what you do each day! You are creating such memories for your children and for them to see.
The photography is captivating in some... keep it up!!! xoxoxox