Wednesday, August 22, 2007

First Day of School

Today was an emotional day for me. I sent my Isaiah off to his first day of kindergarten and my Alorah off to fourth grade. All summer I've been excited especially for Isaiah to go and this week I've just been weepy about it. I can't believe how big he is, with no fears about school, only excitment. He didn't even look back when we dropped him off today, but his mother was crying in the parking lot afterwards. It just hurts my heart to know that never again will he be home full time with me. I don't know how I'll cope when they actually fly the nest for real ;0) Just for today I miss my boy. Then I look at Alorah off in fourth grade, wow! In my memory that's the year I remember everything aboiut, fourth grade. THat's a big year . . .

Here are some pictures from this morning. Every year we take first day photos out by the post in the front yard (Just to compare from year to year). I guess if we ever move, we'll have to sneak into the front yard for pics :)



Isaiah's first day of school photos.





Alorah's first day of school photos.





Walking into FOURTH grade for the first time ;0(


Alorah's bag all lined up with the others for school.


Isaiah hanging up his bookbag and setting out his lunch . . .


Isaiah at his desk, with some of his new school supplies!

2 comments:

Jen Stewart Photography said...

awww, they look so cute! I will be right there with you on Monday (Brian's starting 2nd and Regan of course starts Kindergarten as well). But I'm excited at this point. I know Monday I'll be a little sad, but I'm looking forward to a few hours with a bit more peace and quiet ;)

See you guys Friday!

dreamw said...

Oh, he looks so old! And then such a BIG desk!!! How exciting kindergarten is... Wait til he finds a wife!!! If you think the tears and heart strings are pulling now! :0
What fun to have pictures the first day of school each year!