Saturday, August 4, 2007

Hittin' the trail

Tonight we decided we would ride up to Jamba Juice along the American River bike ride. It about 5 miles away so It would be a leisurely 10 mile ride and a nice family outing. The ride up was perfect, just whizzing down the hills, pumping hard to make it up the hills ~ but not too hard because Alorah has to catch up. Then we made it to Jamba, took a nice rest with everyone sipping away on straws and Lainie and Micah serenading us with twinkle, twinkle little star. As we get up to leave we discover Alorah has a totally flat tire and we didn't bring the repair kit. SOOOOOOOOO, ev and the three little ones took off for home to get the car. They came back for us after what fell like an hour and loaded alorah and her bike in the van. Unfortunately my bike wouldn't fit so I had to ride it back home 5 miles and the sky was darkening. I was pretty scared. The drama queen, overactive imagination that I have checked into overdrive. I'm sure I saw mountain lions waiting up ahead to eat me and every jogger on the trail was just pretending, they were really looking for fresh meat too. Then if I were to make it though all the peril I would just get hit on the main road by some teenager texting behind the wheel. Miraculously The Lord saved me and I made it home in one piece.
Overall it was a fun trip and I got to have some one on one with the doodlebug. Plus I had a HARD ride home trying to get away from mountain lions and bad guys. ;0)


My sweet ride . . . I absolutely LOVE this bike ;0)





Alorah totally holds her own on the rides. She pedals along hard to keep up, I think the poor thing needs a bike with gears soon as much as she rides with us.

Lainie ans Zaiah in the trailer. Isaiah does NOT like to ride in the trailer he thinks he's big enough to ride his bike alongside or at least his scooter. I just know that would be one SLOW ride on the trail.

Micah LOVES his helmet, LOVES, LOVES, LOVES his helmet. I'm just hoping the obsession passes before school age and he wants to wear it to school ;0)


Ev carries most of the load on his bike and he still hauls on ahead of Alorah and I.


1 comment:

Jen Stewart Photography said...

sounds like a fun evening, and adventure! ;)
Chris and I keep saying we are going to either repair our old bikes or get new ones so we can go on rides with the boys........ and it just never happens :( One day..... one day :)