Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Kids jogathon

First off I want to say a HUGE thank you to all of you that supported the kids in their jogathon this year. It was wildly successful and we appreciate each and every one of you.

They ran last Wednesday and as they make their loop around the school, parents mark their cards to keep track of how many laps they've run. I was one of the markers so I don't have a ton of pictures, but I did capture a few.

Here is Isaiah with his class before the race:

I can't remember the officer's name but he started off the jog for the younger grades (Alorah says it was Mr. McKinley)
Stretching out before the jog:
And they're off:
Isaiah ran 17 laps and was WORN OUT!
The younger grades jogged for a half hour and then it was the older grades turn. I think my favorite part was Mrs. Huffman and Mrs. Marques starting off the older grades jog with their beauty queen waves:

Alaina ran most of Alorah's jog with her. Alorah and Kendra both kept pace with Lainie and did great job keeping tabs on her.


Micah was funny, he ran BOTH jogs on his own. He ran for an hour!!! I would just be marking and there would come Micah bounding around the corner!

Alorah and Kendra heading in for a mark.


The treat afterwards was popsicles.


They always do a great job including the siblings and here is Micah's popsicle stained face. Wow, he napped good that day :)

3 comments:

Mira Designs said...

Nice pictures! I've been trying to contact you via email about your May-June gig on my guest ct but I'm not sure if you've got them so I tried this instead. :) If you're still up for it, please email me. :)

Jackie said...

Great job taking pictures of the race with your kids......

Rachel said...

My little sis sure has changed since I last saw her