Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mom's 60th birthday

We celebrated Mom's 60th birthday party a few weeks back and we did it up big :)
First all the girls headed up for a full day at the spa in Apple Hill (Time out Spa) which I HIGHLY recommend. It was a day full of relaxation and fun with our large group (9 of us)

In the evening we came back down the hill for a party with ALL the extended family at Mom and Dad's house. Dad had some really thoughtful touches for the party. For example he had purchased a fountain for Mom and had a bowl full of change that they had found in Trevor's personal possessions ~ he asked us to make a wish in the fountain using the change. Just a really cool idea. Here are just a few pictures from the day.

Dad, Dave and Jr. on the swing:

Daddy and Micah in the cuzzi cuzzi as the kids call it:

Aunt Lisa and just a few of her girls:
A rare picture of my brother Tom:

Mr. Micah swimming away. My cousin Kathy had my camera for a while and she was quite taken with my little guy. I think half the pictures were of him, and at one point she leaned over and said "I think I have a favorite". Now I know where to send him when I need a sitter :)

Doodlebug and Lainie swimming:

Nicole, Lauren and Tonya:

My dad also had plastic saucers out with candles in them. He asked us all to light one and float it in the pool, then when it got dark she would see how much she was loved. My Daddy is so thoughtful!

Mom blowing out her candles:

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh I love the idea with the candles floating...what a great idea...Happy Belated Birthday to your mom

dreamw said...

This was such a fabulous day! I felt honored, blessed, rich with so much love!!!! We got some GREAT pictures Tez, and it was a fun day, had by all!!!

Heather said...

What a special day that was! Did you photo shop the black and white picture with Tonya in it? What an awesome picture. I want to take pictures like that!

Rachel said...

That's totally cool