Monday, July 21, 2008

Ev's first triathlon

So it turns out after talking to both Mammy (Ev's mom) and Ev, that they're both a little offended that I haven't blogged Ev's first triathlon. Ev never reads my blog so I didn't think he'd care. In fact he'd much rather that I didn't even have a blog. So I was a little surprised that he had a problem with it . . . and how did he know it hadn't been blogged??? Maybe he's secretly reading the blog???

Mammy was offended (I know you weren't really Mammy, you were just joking) because they were her pictures. I forgot my camera on race day so I relied totally on Mammy's pictures. She jokingly asked if they weren't good enough to make the blog. SO NOT TRUE. I've just been Blog lazy lately. So here they are folks . . . the triathlon pictures from Ev's first triathlon six weeks ago. I am so proud of all the training and hard work he put in to this event. It took a lot of dedication and he did a great job.

Here's the stud muffin before the event. The order of the tri is swim, bike, run. So he had this wet suit on to swim in the lake. I thought it looked like something batman would use to swim in. The night before the event he was packing all his stuff and prepping his bike for the race, and I was assisting him. Out of nowhere he busts out with "Where is my supersuit?", "Woman, get me my supersuit!" Those of you that have seen the Incredibles, should be giggling about now :)



Ev on the banks of the lake waiting for them to call his age group into the water:
Ev in the water:
Here he is coming out of the lake after what was the hardest leg of the race for him. He practically learned to swim just for this event . . .

In the transition area getting ready for the biking leg of the race:
After the bike he was heading out for the run, I couldn't believe he had a smile on his face!

Isaiah stood at the entrance to the finish line and high fived all the racers coming in. They all kindly took the two seconds and high fived him, which he was pretty happy about.

Ev coming into the finish.
After the race, coming over to say hi!

2 comments:

dreamw said...

Great race pictures! Triathlons are such a good healthy sport, maybe someday you will have your own family team Ev!!! Great job, it takes alot of endurance...

shufgirl said...

Way to go Evan!! I admire your dedication to getting in shape and completing a triathlon! AWESOME