Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Not so little anymore


My computer sat idle for a few minutes today as I did laundry. I looked up and saw the screensaver of all my different pictures flashing by and happened to be captivated by this picture:
It's not one of my best pictures ever, but I was captivated by the subject. I hadn't seen that face in a long time. THe one with the super chubby cheeks, and slightly chunky body covered in baby fat chubs. the one who dressed herself that morning in wildly mismatched clothes. This girl is gone forever and I didn't even get to say goodbye.

Look at her here and study her face, it still has a hint of baby too it.




And here you can see just how little she is with the roundness of just leaving babyhood

Sadly I know exactly when, what the date was, when she left behind her childlike body and chubby cheeks to transform into a long lean body of a young lady entering kindergarten.
Alaina was VERY, VERY ill for a week straight and on May 24th 2008 I saw the drastic changes in her face. She lost all her baby fat that week and came out totally changed. THe roundness is gone and she's ready to move onto this next stage.


I was also struck today by looking through all these pictures of how many more pictures I should be taking. At least one a day right. I am after all the family historian :)

4 comments:

Heather said...

My, how fast they take flight -

She really is a beauty. You & DH make cute kids. :) Something to write down on resumes, eh?

Donna S. said...

oh that gave me a lump in my throat... it does move so very fast. She is so beautiful chubby cheeks or not!

dreamw said...

I know the change you are talking about Tez, I was there observing that change, but when I see her, I still see that adorable little face, with just a bit more age, wisdom, drama and maturity. I guess it's the naivety that we miss too...

shufgirl said...

You make me want to take more pictures because Lauren is at that stage right now. I'm already sad thinking about her losing her baby fat soon.