Friday, August 22, 2008

New Year of school , New Glasses and new music

In anticipation of school starting we always go through all the exams. The kids see the doctor for their physicals, they see the dentist for a cleaning and they do their annual eye exam in the weeks before school starts. This year Alorah was complaining about headaches when she reads so I made sure to mention that to Uncle Terry (Our optometrist ~ a very close friend of Ev's dad's). Uncle Terry said Alorah had a TAD bit of far sightedness, so small that he said we could either choose to get glasses or see if it corrects itself. Since I've been hearing the headache complaint for quite awhile I decided we should do the glasses and see if that helps, because she would only complain when she was reading a book for a longer period of time. The glasses have helped her and she is thrilled with them. She picked these pink frames that I just think are adorable on her!

As you read in the post below, Wednesday was the first day of school. We always get new shoes for school and a new outfit, and then the morning of, we take pictures out by the post in the front yard. Apparently the tree out front grew by leaps and bounds this year because the morning of ~ the tree blacked out all the kids and the pictures turned out horrible. So I made Ev climb up and pull down the branch so it didn't block the kids faces. He moaned and complained about it but did it, so now the kids are all squinting into the sun :) I really need to learn more about metering . . . JEN???

Here's Isaiah all spiffy and shiny in his new clothes, shoes & bookbag (more on those later)
Here's Isaiah's first friend that he ran into from last year, T.
Alorah all pretty in her new dress, shoes & spiderweb hairdo.
Seeing one of her best friends first thing that morning.
The 5th grade girls (quite a few of them)


Oh and as for the new music, I posted some new songs over on the right ~ for those of you that groove to my tunes. For those of you that don't . . . too bad for you :)

2 comments:

Kari said...

Loving the first day of school pics - I love how happy they are to wear their new clothes! Adorable glasses ... reminds me I haven't taken a picture of my daughter in the new ones she got this year!! She lost hers from last year so we bought another pair of the same ones and a new pair (thank heaven my hubs is an eye doc)!

Jackie said...

Oh the first day of school...love the spider web hair.....and those glasses..way too cute