Sunday, January 27, 2008

Blue Mohawk LO

I know, I know I need to give you an update on what the Williams are up to and I will this week I promise!!!! I've been so busy scrappin lately I had to share:

Patterned paper:
Monoblendz paperie "navy" by Anna Aspnes (designerdigitals.com)

Overlay:
paper reveals by Katie Pertiet (designerdigitals.com)

Brushes:
touch up paint by Katie Pertiet (designerdigitals.com)

Stars:
Altered embellishments by Jackie Eckles (designerdigitals.com)

GLitter spots: sausandesigns.com

Journaling:
Yes, my son had a blue mohawk. Me, the HIGHLY conservative mother of four
allowed her five year old son to shave his hair into a mohawk AND paint it blue. Wow, we got some looks when we were out and about. Some thought it was the coolest thing ever, others looked at me like, I would NEVER allow my son to have a mohawk. You know that look we all gave other mothers BEFORE we had children. Even my best friend jokingly asked me why I as fostering that rebellious spirit in you. I guess what it all boils down to is, you love what you love and I love you - extreme hairdo and all. In the end it’s just a haircut.

16 comments:

debd said...

wow, I can't wait to see THAT at school...

deb

Jackie said...

Wow what a mom to let your son do that :) Very cute way to remember

Carol said...

That is a cool layout and a cool hair do!

Just found your blog Tezra, hope you don't mind a put your link in my sidebar.

Carol :-)

Kari said...

I definitely know "that" look ... it's the same one I used when I saw little girls in public with red glittery shoes!! Can't count the number of pair that we have been through with our girlies :) Awesome LO!!

Donna S. said...

I LOVE your son's mohawk. It shows he is confident enough to walk around and have people stare. I LOVE it! Good for you for letting him do it.. I need to let go more often and let me kids do stuff like this! Oh... and the LO... is GORGOEUS!! (As usual for you!)

Ljonezy said...

love the blue - must be the "it" color this year (lol) now to use some orange. definitely know the "look".

Heather said...

I'm just loving your style! I have LOVED each and every LO you have put on your blog.

Anonymous said...

wow, tez, you are really good! i love your blog! has been nice to get to know you over at JS class!!! shmoop (michelle)

Steve & Joyce Rodli said...

Tezra...you have been stalked!!!lol
This is from royce/ckmb (using hubby's account)

Harley Dee said...

Love love love this LO! it's so cute :)

Oh yeh, and I tagged you (sorry in advance!) so you can visit my blog to see what I'm talking about :)

shufgirl said...

My goodness, you are popular in the scrapbooking circle. I guess it really is a scrapbooking nation! No, it's not going to get me to scrapbook but I am lovin the little photo books that I can make on Kodak Gallery. I just wanted to leave you some love since I check in on you at least once a week. It's my way of keeping touch with you since someone doesn't return my calls. I love you and I love to see all of your latest creations. I love the brothers layout! That is so special and it will be a great reminder to the boys of how much they love one another when they need the reminder!

SusanD said...

Great LO!!!

IamDerby said...

I love the LO, but even more I love the picture... what a cool mom you are.

Unknown said...

OK you are one cool mom with a son with a cool haircut!! Lovely LO too!!

Unknown said...

Very cool!

BTW, Tezra, congrats on the CT news!

Stacy F. from Arkansas said...

I love your work!! Can you please teach me some techniques...you do a great job!
Stacy