Monday, February 4, 2008

Photos with the kids

So I'm trying for Creating Keepsakes Hall of Fame Contest this year. The deadline for entries is this Monday the 11th (which I highly doubt I'm going to make BTW). It's a pretty huge entry that I have to put together and I'm not allowed to post my entries in any public forum (blogs included)! There are some pretty specific guidelines for pages entered. One of which is a page showcasing a photo (or two or three) that you consider extraordinary. I of course can't use a picture I already have, I have crazy dreams of capturing this extraordinary photo before the contest deadline (MONDAY!!!!!) I've had photo shoot plans but they've all been foiled by the rain we've had for what feels like the past month. So I finally have a clear day for a shoot and dragged (my sick) kids out for a quick shoot. My first mistake was going alone ~ I needed a child wrangler. My second mistake was dragging them out sick and into the cold. I don't have a single picture of Isaiah without his arms wrapped tightly around himself, shivering. My not so gentle coaxing to relax didn't work a bit . . . I wonder why. Of course I couldn't take pictures of them in their winter coats, cuz that's just not cute! I took maybe a total of between 10 and 20 pictures because Micah kept running to the pond and drowning would have seriously RUINED the shoot. Plus the whole freezing thing didn't quite work for any of us. So here are the only two shots worth showing. We'll try again on Thursday :)


7 comments:

IamDerby said...

Well t hose two shots are great! I hear ya about the rain, I am so sick of it!!!

dreamw said...

OHHHHHHHH I LOve, LOVE, Love your new title, looks sooooo professional, not humanly created!!! Beautiful!!!!! You have such photogenic children, what pictures!!! Just GREAT and I love your new scrolling thingi of all your layouts, how cool is that?

Kari said...

Your story makes me CRACK UP!! I can totally picture the scene ;) Love the ones you got ... especially *love* that skirt your daughter has on ... where did you get it? My girls would LOVE something so twirly and pretty!! Totally love your new header, too ... I've gotta update mine for Valentine's day!

Unknown said...

For what it's worth I think your photos are extraordinary.

I am sure you will do very well in HOF, but don't stress yourself out, ok?

Ljonezy said...

Oh Tez! How funny - dragging your kids out in the cold and being sick. Sounds exactly like something I would have done! I hope you get your entries finish and the last photo shoot done. You have worked so hard and i can hardly wait to see your los! You can do it!!! I have faith in you!

Jen Stewart Photography said...

awwww Tez, I'm so sorry it didn't go better. I wish I could have helped. :( Hope Thursdays photos turned out better :)

Jackie said...

Oh those are great shots...poor sick babies...hope they are feeling better now...