Wednesday, February 27, 2008

We've got the pox!

There has been an outbreak of chicken pox at Alorah's school and all the kids that have gotten it had previously been immunized. So I knew it was just a matter of time before Alorah got the pox. Sure enough she had a couple spots last night along with a stomach ache and just generally not feeling well. This morning they had spread all over her abdomen, face, neck, etc. WE'VE GOT THE POX! I can't stop itching just thinking about it.

This means no school for at least a week, no softball clinic on Saturday, no first practice on Monday, and on and on and on!!!! Also, it's just a matter of time before the others get it . . . insert MOAN here! Why do we even get the immunization anyway????

She won't let me take a picture of her with the chicken pox. She says she doesn't want it on my blog for the whole world to see her with spots on her face. I tried to explain that the whole world doesn't look at my blog, but that didn't seem like a rational argument to her. So because I can't do a post without a picture I'll put on up of her in prettier times.


7 comments:

Kari said...

Oh, Tezra!!!!! From one mom with a house full of neverending sickies to one who now has the pox ... I feel for you!!!!! Tell your daughter that chicken pox is something that MUST be scrapbooked for posterity (we all have pictures with us having the pox) and that she doesn't get to choose whether or not she has her picture taken ... she only gets to choose whether she wants to smile or not ;) {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you in the coming weeks!

Jen Stewart Photography said...

awww YUCK! Hope Alorah starts feeling better soon, and the others don't get it. So does this mean I don't get to see you tonight :( Dinner & biblestudy won't be the same without you guys.

Donna S. said...

I so remember having the chicken pox.. no fun at all! The good news is at least Calamine lotion is pink!

dreamw said...

Oh my, Alorah, we must have a picture, you will look at it fondly 10 years from now and smile... Oh I think we had the pox at our house at LEAST 25 times!!! Do you remember Tez???

Jeanne said...

Oh I'm SO sorry to hear this! I hope your sweet Alorah (judging from the picture) feels better soon!

And are you serious? Kids who have been immunized are getting it? WHY??? I hope at least the immunization lessens the severity of it.

Hugs to you all!

Unknown said...

Hi Tezra............no fun I know but sending hugs Alorah's way! I don't think the immunization is to prevent getting chicken pox, but rather to lessen the severity; at least that's what I learned when our grandkids got the shot. So maybe she won't have a bad case.Our kids all had the old-fashioned full chicken pox....yuck!

Jackie said...

Oh that photo of her is beautiful..sorry about the pox...hopefully she wont' get it bad if she had the shot