Monday, April 7, 2008

A video from Trev

Today is the anniversary of the night I tragically lost my little brother 4 years ago. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him. But there are two days of the year where he is at the forefront of my mind. His birthday (Dec. 31st) and today. Because this is such a tough day for me I wanted to post something that makes me smile.

Before his death Trevor was in the military training with the US Air Force Pararescue Jumpers. They were a very close knit group and the stories of their antics together made us all laugh hysterically. While Trev was away he bought a little Canon Powershot camera that took pictures and video. He used the heck out of that little camera and my mom has all his pictures and video. They did the goofiest stuff in their downtime together and Trev caught a lot of it on camera.

I absolutely LOVE this clip, I love to hear his voice and laughter. It's just who he was ~ constantly playing around, joking and laughing. In the clip, they convinced one of the guys to paint his whole face red with lipstick (I think that's what they used) and now the poor guy is trying to wash it off, but it won't come off. You can just hear Trev laughing and telling him he looks like the guy in the Patriot and suggesting that he use dishsoap. Just makes me laugh on a tough day.



4 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh Tez...so sorry for your loss....nice to have a clip of your brother to remember him and his fun sense of humor

Donna S. said...

Tez;
So sorry about your brother. I'm glad you have something that can make you smile during these hard times.

shufgirl said...

Tez, thanks for posting something for Trev. I thought about him all day and wanted to post something on my blog in his memory but I hate remembering his death so I didn't. Thanks for posting a happy memory on a tough day for all of us. Love You.

Heather said...

I think about Trevor and remember the day Tash called while I was on spring break in Florida with the heartbreaking news. I can remember it like yesterday and where I was sitting. His laughing is a happy memory~