Thursday, June 19, 2008

Randomness

Just an update on the Schwilliams (as my sisters call us).

As usual it's a zoo around here . . . would we change it? Somedays :)

Alaina got locked in the bathroom as we were sitting down to do our family prayer (every night we do bedtime prayers together as a family, it started because Isaiah was very fearful at night and we thought let's all come together in prayer for him, because where to or more are joined . . . Well it helped him and nightmares stopped) But back to the story. We heard cries of help from the hall bathroom and EVERYONE rushed to the bathroom. The door would slip a bit, but wouldn't open so we knew the lock wasn't fully engaged. We tried turning the handle both ways pushing on the door, Ev went outside and stood on the air conditioner to look through the window and see if anything was obstructing it. Nothing worked. 20 minutes later we ended up prying it open only to discover that the culprit was a magnet Isaiah had shoved in the hole in the doorjamb (sp?). It caused to metal lock to adhere to it and there was nothing we could do but pry. Thank God Evan was home or I would've been calling the fire department to set my girl free. WHAT IS IT WITH THE WILLIAMS AND MAGNETS???? I think they should be banned. I didn't take any pictures of the event, sorry . . .

In other news Micah has a new word . . . Chukabacca. You know that big furry guy from Star Wars? Chukabacca!

Alaina, Isaiah and Alorah are spending alot of this week at Vacation Bible School ~ VBS (if you go to Jen's Blog you can see some great pics and one of Isaiah) Their projects this week are to serve others and gather school supplies and offering for children in Africa that want to go to school. The project that is nearest and dearest to Lainie's heart is collecting new shoes for the children of Africa. She explained to me with an entirely straight face that "it is sooooo sad mom there's all these kids running around Africa with no shoes" Sweet girl :)

Micah's been hanging with me this week for some one on one time. We played Stinky pete has stinky feet and Memory more times than I can count. His new phrase is "What the Heck?" I don't know what I think of that.

Alorah is loving all the time she's gotten to spend with friends this summer. She is such a social butterfly. We found out last week after her auditions that she has a solo in the musicamp production. She has such a beautiful voice and confidence on stage that I just love to watch her.

Isaiah is enjoying this week with his best bud Regan. It must be a boy thing but they never bicker and fight. I'm used to girls and how they can sometimes rub each other the wrong way. We just adore Regan and would gladly adopt him into our family. Isaiah is turning brown as a peanut with all the time he spends out in our pool. I think he's trying to make up for last year when the fun was cut short by a broken arm.

Ev's gearing back into training for the BIG triathon. It's double the size of the one he just ran. He did very well in it. . . oh and I PROMISE pictures will be up soon.

I also have to post pictures from Lainie's fifth birthday party. Yep my baby girl turned 5!!! She's entering kindergarten next year and I'll only have one at home ~ CRAZY right???

I'm keeping busy ~ cleaned the whole house sparkling today. Ev's quit smoking and it's the first few days so I'm trying to limit the frustrations for him. A clean house he loves. Me ~ really could care less. I don't mind tripping over clothes when I get out of bed. But he minds and our Intimate Encounters Study has shown me what his needs are and how important it is to fill his emotional cup. So I fulfilled his need for order today ~ and without grumbling. He came home and was absolutely thrilled and very vocal about it, which fulfilled my need for approval. Ahhh, Happy Days.

That's all the updating for now

4 comments:

dreamw said...

Love the stories, I want to write a book about all the stories we have to tell...

Rachel said...

Sounds Like you had an awsome week
we had to put my dog down so i didn't have a very good week

Jen Stewart Photography said...

oh oh...... I may have an idea where Micah's new saying "What the heck" came from................... :( Aiden has been saying that for quite some time now.

I don't like it, the way he says it, it's VERY clear that in his limited language he's saying what the he**

Sorry for the bad influence :( lol

Tasha Schrock said...

Love reading your stories! Jon and I think your last comment is hilarious!! You guys are so funny! We are on vacation on the Lake in Lakeside OH! Jon is working on a puzzle with Jordan. Tahlia and Taylor are riding bikes with new friends. This place I swear is just like Mayberry. You would love it! Thanks for story time. I read to Jon and Jordan. We love to hear Schwilliams' adventures!