Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I hit the jackpot!!!!

Well not the cash jackpot . . . but a scrapping jackpot.

In the digital scrapbooking world (for all you non-scrappers out there) they have something called creative teams (i've talked about them a bit before). It's where a designer assembles a creative team of highly talented scrapbookers to scrapbook with her products and promote her products in exchange for free use of said product. When I first learned about CT's I applied to quite a few and landed them. Unfortunately I quickly learned that there are quite a few designers out there that don't mesh with my style and aren't products that I would necessarily choose to work with. So I learned to be picky in applying, because my time is important and it wasn't enjoyable to scrap with stuff I didn't love.

The problem in getting picky is that there are probably less than 8 desginers i truly LOVE, unfortunately those are designers that are also LOVED by MANY. Which means I face stiff competition to get on those teams. I've applied to a few of those this year only to receive rejection after rejection :(

About a week ago I noticed that one of my VERY favorite designers put out a GUEST call (Where you get to join the team but only for a month). If you look through my gallery you'll notice that I use at least one of her products on just about all my pages. I decided to send in my info and at least give it a try. I was chatting with Ev when I got a reply email. I saw the subject line and thought ~ brace yourself for another rejection. I opened it up and Lo & Behold ~ it was an invitation to join the team . . . not just as a guest but as a PERMANENT member!!!

HAPPY DANCE!

So now I am happily creating for Creashens (you can see the announcement on her blog). She sells at Catscrap.com and twolittlepixels.com

Here are two of her newest kits ~ GORGEOUS and such a pleasure to play with. I'll be posting a layout soon.

Lifelines 01:
Sprung:

Thanks guys for reading my excited ramblings ~ I am seriously stoked to be creating with this team of women . . . you should see the layouts they're producing!

3 comments:

dreamw said...

OH TEZ..... I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! YOU HAVE WORKED SO HARD IN YOUR SCRAPBOOKING, AND IT HAS FINALLY PAID OFF!!! THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING FOR YOU, YOU KNOW! ONE DAY YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE YOUR OWN LINE AND DESIGN, THAT OTHERS FLOCK AFTER!!!! C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!!

shufgirl said...

I am so excited for you!!! Congratulations, you'll have to incorporate scrapbooking in your homeschooling curriculum.

Donna S. said...

YAHHHHHHH!!!!! Tez - Seriously I can't imagine you getting rejected - your stuff is amazing!!