Thursday, March 13, 2008

I smell a rat and other general stuff

The other night I put the kids to bed and went down to the office to work on stuff for my Creative Teams. Ev was gone for the night to Bible study with a friend of ours and the house was quiet. . . but not for long. Isaiah came hopping downstairs to tell me he was thirsty and that Shadow was meowing at the front door. I told him to please get a drink and go BACK TO BED, that I would let Shadow inside in a minute. Because the child has a hard time following directions he pulled the rocking horse over to the front door to unlock the top lock and let Shadow in. Chaos quickly ensued. Isaiah came rushing downstairs to tell me Shadow had a rat in his mouth. I start screaming is he in the house???? After getting the answer that indeed Shadow and the rat were in the house I jumped on my chair, still screaming for Isaiah to get Shadow OUT! Shadow did not listen to Isaiah's pleas to leave the house and I had to face my greatest fear (Rats, mice and Bats if you haven't noticed) and chase Shadow, with the rat still wriggling in his mouth, out of the house with a broom! THANK GOD, that he never dropped that rat because I would have left my children unattended and run out of the house until Ev get home. See the Lord only gives you what you can handle and I was proud of myself for handling that one!

On another note the Pox has left our house. It's been two weeks and the incubation period is 10-14 days so I think I can safely assume the no one else will be getting it. Unfortunately both Lainie and Alorah have the stomach flu today. Man can we ever get through more than one week with health???? Guess not this year :(

We had Micah's third birthday party on Sunday (Way late I know) and I'll be posting pictures soon. It was a fun Thomas the Tank Engine party and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves ~ most importantly the birthday boy.

We've also officially started the Softball/T-ball schedule which means practice 4 days a week and games soon for 4 days a week. Lainie and Isaiah are on the same T-ball team and they are precious to watch. Alorah is now in the mini-minors which is NO JOKE. They are hard core serious this year. They'll be learning signals on how to bat and they're learning to lead off, steal bases and slide. It seems like it's no longer just about the fun of it, but more the competition. She's growing up!

That's all for now, more to come in the next few days. Because I unfortunately didn't pause to take pictures of the rat or T-ball/Softball yet I have no pictures to post, so a new header will have to do and the LO below.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

You are tooooooooo funny!! Where do you get your energy!! Anytime an "unexpected" animal entered this house it was ME that dealt with it...chipmunks, baby rabbits(from the cats) birds,even an owl(before we put the screen on the chimney...great memories (chuckling)
dewnie

Kari said...

Totally *love* your header ... perfect! Your story made me laugh - I'm sure I would have reacted in exactly the same way!!! Totally gives me the heeby jeebies just thinking about it! Good luck with the sports schedule ... as if you weren't busy enough ;) Hope the kiddos get to feeling better soon!