Thursday, March 20, 2008

Micah's 3rd Birthday party

Micah Thomas celebrated his third birthday a few weeks back and we celebrated in grand style with a Thomas the Train birthday Party. All of his buddies showed up ~ most especially his "crew" Dylan, Sammy & Aiden. I set up "stations" throughout the house and printed up an itinerary with all the party plans and stations on it. We played balloon toss, conductor says and parcel find ~ (Percy the train crashed in the backyard and tossed all his packages all over the backyard . . . goodie bags) . It was a great time by all and I want to thank my dad for taking the pictures for me as I was busy being the hostess!

Here's a picture of the birthday boy in his conductor hat:I used painters tape and put train tracks all over the floor in the house for us to travel from "station" to "station" This was Micah's favorite party of the party. He was SOOOOO sad when we pulled it up a few days later.
Isaiah and Regan in an intense Light Saber battle!!!
Alorah telling Papa "D" all about her Pioneer Studies and the Pioneer camp she'll be attending next week.
Micah hugging his little cousin Lauren. He just adores her!!
All the kids playing "conductor says" ~ a variation of Simon says
Micah's Thomas pinata. We got the kind where you pull the strings and when you get the right string it opens the pinata and all the candy comes pouring out. We didn't want to traumatize the poor kid at three by pulling out his best friend and then beating it to death with a bat.
The cutest part of the party was when we pulled out the pull string pinata and baby Lauren went and grabbed a bat out of the toy box to hit it. She knows what's going on ~ looks like she's got a little Mexican in her after all, me and my sisters haven't diluted the gene pool too much :)
The fabulous cake that Bonnie made for Micah's birthday! I think the cake topper was his favorite gift :)
Micah blowing out the candles with Mommy. (I usually hate putting pictures of myself up, because I can't stand the weight I've gained. BUT, I'm now committed to losing it and have lost 10 lbs already!!!)

5 comments:

Tasha Schrock said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures! I miss you guys so much! I wish I could give Micah a kiss on his little dimply cheek!

Heather said...

Tez,

I really dig the photos - they look extrabspecial with the cool frame.

Man, 10lbs are not easily lost - keep up the great work, Tez!!! You can do it!

shufgirl said...

We had such a great time at Micah's party. You are the ulimate children's party planner. We always have so much fun at the Williams parties because of your creativity. The girls LOVED spending time with their cousins. Thanks for a great day. Love You.

Kari said...

Could you BE any more creative (said in my best "Friends" voice)?! What a super fun birthday party!!! Lucky little boy and his friends ;) I'm proud of your for posting a picture of yourself, too ... those aren't always easy but I am so proud of what you have accomplished so far in your weight loss journey - I know from experience it is not easy. Best of luck to you ... I'll be cheering you on!!

Jackie said...

Great pictures of the party..and great job on the poundage lost...may it stay lost forever :)